Burn To Bloom
Our Story & Mission
At Concrete Poppy sustainability paired with great design is everything we believe in. From the roots of why Concrete Poppy started, the life of a candle is short. The founder, Elaina Keegan, first started hand pouring old vessels of friends and family and re-gifted them back with fun scent concoctions as a hobby. As word got out, she began to receive an endless amount of old, burned glass containers and she realized something should be done. With an Industrial Design background, a love of working with her hands, and a bold commitment to creating sustainable products Concrete Poppy Design was born.
CPD pairs high quality ingredients with beautiful vessels, that don't just blend in with your space but makes your space. Something that you didn't want to hide afterwards, but continue to use for good.
At CPD collections and vessels are constantly changing as new beautiful ceramics are found and crafted into candles with intention that one day it will become a planter.
How to transform your vessel into a planter:
1. Enjoy your candle! Read Candle Care to get the most out of your candle.
2. Burn your candle until there is about 1/4" left of wax
3. Boil hot water and pour into the vessel and let it cool. Wax bubbles will float to the top and create a wax disc at the top after it cools!
4. Pop out the wax (Repeat steps 3 if there is any wax left)
5. Wipe clean with a paper towel
6. Add soil, sprinkle your wildflower seeds on top, softly mix in, and lightly water.
7. Keep soil moist over the next week, we recommend a spray bottle. Don't overwater since their is no drainage hole.
8. And over the next week watch your little buddies pop up!
Check how we clean out a vessel on Instagram